About

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

research. eat. repeat.

I've got an itch to scratch. Hence, why I spent endless hours over the design of this blog. (I know, it's not that great... yet). And now that I'm here? Nothing. Nothing comes to mind. Where to begin? What to discuss? How to approach it? I know from experience that there is a good and bad way to approach controversial topics, and I used to be way too concerned with ruffling more than a few feathers. But it's taken me eighteen years to reach this point, and I'm not going to take step back for fear of offending someone.

Also, controversial topics are nicknamed "unsafe", because everyone is too afraid to talk about them! I feel there are a lot of topics out there (rape cases, for instance *insert readers eye roll here*) should be brought to attention. I have talked to numerous friends and family about this (especially child rape) and receive shocking responses. Wait, really? You haven't even heard of this? Am I the only one?

Well, I'm not going to launch into that subject - or any subject for that matter - just yet because 1) it's two in the morning and 2) my eyes are burning from all the CSS codes and HTML formats.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
- Winston Churchill.


No comments:

Post a Comment